Transmission shops in Houston, TX that have the Cost Guide Certified badge next to their shop’s listing have passed our certification requirements and our staff has confirmed that they provide quality repair services for fair prices. In addition, they offer free towing, free transmission diagnostics, financing and a minimum 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty on services such as repairs, rebuilds and replacements of transmissions in Houston.
The following are the top 10 transmission shops in Houston:
Updated: February 23, 2017
4542 FM 2351 Rd
Friendswood, Texas 77546
M-F: 8:00am – 6:00pm
We are members of ATRA and ATSG. I am also personally heavily involved in Space Center Rotary, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Friendswood Chamber of Commerce and Nassau Bay Lion’s Club. I am passionate about helping people and giving back to the community.
5608 Highway 6 N,
Houston, TX 77084
Sam Syed is being part of the group of professional transmission shop owners. He started his career in transmission business 16 years ago and now owns five successful transmission shops in greater Houston area.
1230 N Market Loop
Baytown, TX 77521
Services:transmission rebuilders, transmission repair shop, new transmissions
15017 Woodforest Blvd
Channelview, TX 77530
Services: transmission replacement, transmission repair, clutch repair, clutch replacement
Master Tech Transmissions
13102 Cypress North Houston Rd
Cypress, TX 77429
Services: manual & automatic transmission repair, clutch replacement, differentials
Milstead Automotive & Transmission
29707 W Hawthorne Dr
Spring, TX 77386
Services: transmission repair, new transmissions, clutch repair, differential repair
National Transmission Center
27202 State Highway 249
Tomball, TX 77375
Services: new transmissions, transmission repair shop, dual-clutch transmissions
McAfee Standard Transmission
5723 Jensen Dr
Houston, TX 77026
Services: continuously variable transmissions, dual-clutch transmissions, manual transmissions
Snider’s Accurate Transmission
10335 W Fairmont Pkwy
La Porte, TX 77571
Services: transmission shop, manual transmissions, automatic transmissions, clutch repair
Circle D Transmission
13706 Hempstead Rd
Houston, TX 77040
Services: transmission repair shop, transmission filters,torque converters,transmission rebuild
Transmission Shops in Nearby Areas
- Cedar Park
- Corpus Christi
- Dallas County
- El Paso
- Fort Worth
- Grand Prairie
- Round Rock
- San Antonio
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands
Texas State Licensing Requirements
Texas doesn’t require any state license of transmission shops in Houston TX, so there’s no state standard for competency and reliability.
Likewise, the state doesn’t require that transmission repair services in Houston TX first show proof of liability insurance to reimburse you in the event of any damages that might occur during servicing.
Questions to Ask a Transmission Shop
This list of questions will assist you in finding a Houston transmission repair shop with skill, experience and business ethics you can trust.
Experience, Qualifications and Insurance
Ask these questions to find a shop that will deliver qualified, trustworthy transmission repair in Houston:
- How long have you been doing transmission repair in Houston?
- What training and experience does the technician have who will work on my vehicle?
- Has the technician repaired a transmission in my make and model vehicle before?
- May I have two or three references and their phone numbers?
- Do you carry liability insurance to reimburse me if my vehicle is damaged while here, and may I have the name and number of your insurance provider?
Diagnostic Fees and Repair Estimates
In this set of questions, you want to make sure that there are no hidden fees. A reasonable diagnostic fee is standard, but some Houston transmission repair shops have a practice of quoting a low diagnostic fee and then charging you far more money to put your transmission back together after the inspection if you decide to take it elsewhere to be repaired.
- Do you charge a diagnostic fee?
- Does that fee cover reassembling the transmission after the diagnosis has been made, if I decide not to have the vehicle repaired?
- Will you give me a written and itemized transmission repair estimate and require my authorization before work begins?
- Are there any potential charges not listed on the estimate?
How Repairs Are Done
Some Houston transmission repair shops give estimates for service called a “transmission rebuild” or “rebuilt transmission” but only do minor bench repairs and replace the fewest possible parts. These questions will help you avoid such unfair practices:
- Will you provide me with an itemized list of everything that will be replaced in a transmission rebuild or other type repair?
- Do you use original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts?
- Are the parts new, used or refurbished, and if I have a choice, what are the cost and warranty differences?
- Is any of the work contracted out to another shop, and if so, what is the name and number of the shop?
- Will this transmission repair affect my vehicle’s warranty?
- Do you warranty the repair parts and labor, and if so, for how long?