The ECU decides when to shift gears by analyzing the rotational speed of various parts, which is recorded by sensors like the input/turbine speed sensor / turbine speed sensor / TSS sensor. If there’s no signal coming from the transmission input speed sensor, a P2767 DTC will be stored.
How Serious is the Code?
A P2767 diagnostic trouble code can be rather serious, and the resulting transmission problems can result in drivability issues such as erratic transmission behavior and engine stalling.
Symptoms of a P2767 include:
- Hard or erratic gear changes
- Transmission refuses to shift
- Lower MPG
- Speedometer/odometer refuses to work or fluctuates
- Engine stalls when coming to a stop
- Limp Mode
- Failed transmission turbine speed sensor
- Failed transmission output speed sensor
- Damaged connectors
- Broken transmission solenoid
- Wiring short, damage or corrosion
- Torque convertor problem
- ECU/TCM programming problem
How to Diagnose the Code?
When diagnosing a P2767 OBDII trouble code, it’s important to note the condition and level of the transmission fluid, because dirt, sludge and metallic debris can affect the operation of a transmission turbine speed sensor. The wiring and connectors should also be checked for damage. If everything looks good and there’s no manufacturer TSB’s related to the problem, the sensor itself will have to be tested.
What Repairs Will Fix P2767?
- Repair or replace the input speed sensor
- Repair or replace damaged wiring
- Repair or replace damaged wiring connectors
- Reprogram ECU/TCM
- P0715 – Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- P0716 – Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P0718 – Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Intermittent
- P0720 – Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- P0721 – Output Speed Sensor Range/Performance
- P0722 – Output Speed Sensor No Signal
- P0723 – Output Speed Sensor Intermittent
- P2765 – Input/Turbine Speed Sensor B Circuit
- P2766 – Input/Turbine Speed Sensor B Circuit Range/Performance
- P2768 – Input/Turbine Speed Sensor B Circuit Intermittent