The timing of each gear change varies depending on the engine load and vehicle speed. To determine when a gear change needs to happen, the ECU relies on a number of sensors like the intermediate shaft speed sensor. The ISS sensor measures how fast the intermediate shaft is spinning inside the transmission, then relays the data to the ECU through electrical pulses. If this electrical signal becomes intermittent, a P2752 DTC will be stored.
How Serious is the Code?
Although your vehicle may still be drivable, a P2752 diagnostic trouble code indicates that those small transmission problems will eventually get worse. Besides the erratic shifting behavior, you may also experience severe engine hesitation and stalling when you come to a stop.
Symptoms of a P2752 include:
- Harsh, erratic shifts
- Transmission won’t shift gears
- Engine misfire
- Hesitation when accelerating
- Engine stalls when stopped in gear
- Non-working speedometer
- Limp Mode
- Bad intermediate shaft speed sensor
- Faulty transmission input speed sensor
- Malfunctioning transmission output speed sensor
- A wiring short or other damage
- Broken, loose or corroded connectors
- Valve body or pressure related issues
- Solenoid failure
- Failed engine temperature sensor
How to Diagnose the Code?
When troubleshooting a P2752 OBDII trouble code, it’s important to consider the level and condition of the transmission fluid (low transmission fluid or dirty transmission fluid can prevent the ISS sensor from performing properly). The wiring and connectors on the transmission wiring harness also need to be checked for signs of damage. Manufacturer TSB’s may also help to shed some light on the problem. If no problems have been found, then the intermediate shaft speed sensor should be tested. The output shaft speed sensor, input speed sensor, engine temperature sensor and shift solenoids may also need to be checked.
What Repairs Will Fix P2752?
- Replace intermediate shaft speed sensor
- Replace output speed sensor
- Replace input speed sensor
- Repair or replace damaged wiring and/or connectors
- Replace the engine temperature sensor
- Change transmission fluid and filter
- Flush transmission fluid
- Fix transmission fluid leaks
- Reprogram ECU/TCM
- P2745 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor B Circ
- P2746 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor B Circ Range/Performance
- P2747 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor B Circ No Signal
- P2748 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor B Circ Intermittent
- P2749 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor C Circ
- P2750 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor C Circ Range/Performance
- P2751 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor C Circ No Signal