The intermediate shaft speed sensor tells the ECU when it’s time to shift gears, based on how fast the intermediate shaft is spinning inside the transmission. If the computer detects a problem with the way the ISS sensor is performing, a P2750 DTC will be saved.
How Serious is the Code?
The ISS sensor is extremely important to the operation of your transmission, so a P2750 diagnostic trouble code is actually pretty serious. Drivability problems can range from harsh shifts to engine stalling. The erratic behavior of the transmission can also cause premature wear to the internal components.
Symptoms of a P2750 include:
- Harsh, delayed or erratic shifts
- Transmission gets stuck in a gear
- Engine misfire
- Hesitation when accelerating
- Engine stalls when coming to a stop
- Non-functioning speedometer
- Limp Mode
- Intermediate shaft speed sensor failure
- Transmission input speed sensor failure
- Output speed sensor failure
- Shorts or other wiring damage
- Broken, loose or corroded connectors
- Valve body or pressure related issues
- Faulty shift solenoid
- Engine temperature sensor failure
How to Diagnose the Code?
When trying to figure out the cause of a P2750 OBDII trouble code, a mechanic should start by simply checking the level and condition of the transmission fluid (dirty or low transmission fluid can affect the operation of the ISS sensor). Next, they should check the wiring and connectors going to the transmission, to see if there are any damage wires or broken connectors. If no problems have been found up to this point, then the intermediate shaft speed sensor will need to be tested directly. The input shaft speed sensor, output shaft speed sensor, engine temperature sensor and shift solenoids may also need to be tested.
What Repairs Will Fix P2750?
- Replace intermediate shaft speed sensor
- Replace output speed sensor
- Replace input speed sensor
- Repair or replace damaged wiring and/or connectors
- Replace the engine temperature sensor
- Change transmission fluid and filter
- Flush transmission fluid
- Fix transmission fluid leaks
- Reprogram ECU/TCM
- P2745 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor B Circ
- P2746 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor B Circ Range/Performance
- P2747 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor B Circ No Signal
- P2748 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor B Circ Intermittent
- P2749 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor C Circ
- P2751 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor C Circ No Signal
- P2752 – Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor C Circ Intermittent