Having a P1774 LC/B Solenoid Fnct OBDII code means that there is either an electrical or mechanical problem with the operation of the low coast brake solenoid valve.
How Serious is the Code?
The P1774 Nissan diagnostic trouble code means that one of the most important solenoids that allows you to change gears is not working properly, which can negatively impact the drivability of your vehicle.
Symptoms of a P1774 include:
- Harsh shifting
- Transmission will not change gears
- Transmission behaves erratically
- Wiring and/or connector damage
- Malfunctioning low coast brake solenoid valve
- Malfunctioning ATF pressure switch 2
How to Diagnose the Code?
In order to figure out what is causing a Nissan P1774 OBDII code, a mechanic should first start by checking the condition of the wiring and connectors along the transmission wiring harness. If no problems are found, then they will need to check the low coast brake solenoid valve and ATF pressure switch 2 using a OBDII scan tool.
What Repairs Will Fix P1774?
- Repair or replace damaged wiring and/or connectors
- Replace low coast brake solenoid valve
- Replace ATF pressure switch 2