A P1769 Nissan OBDII code can sometimes relate to an electrical problem that is causing the high and low reverse clutch solenoid valve to malfunction. However, it can sometimes be caused by mechanical problems such as a sticking control valve or a problem with the actual operation of this solenoid.
How Serious is the Code?
The P1769 Nissan diagnostic trouble code is quite serious, and can result in a number of transmission problems that include failed shifts.
Symptoms of a P1769 include:
- Erratic transmission behavior
- Failed gear engagement
- Harsh shifting
- Wiring and/or connector damage
- Faulty high and low reverse clutch solenoid valve
- Failed ATF pressure switch 6
How to Diagnose the Code?
The first step to diagnosing a Nissan P1769 OBD2 code is to check the condition of the wiring and connectors along the transmission wiring harness. Next, the high and low reverse clutch solenoid valve and ATF pressure switch 6 will need to be tested using a OBDII scan tool.
What Repairs Will Fix P1769?
- Replace damaged wiring and/or connectors
- Replace high and low reverse clutch solenoid valve
- Replace ATF pressure switch 6