In order to engage gears inside of your transmission, the TCM has to be able to control a number of solenoid valves, including the HLR/C solenoid. If there is a problem with this solenoid, a P1767 OBDII code will be set.
How Serious is the Code?
The P1767 Nissan diagnostic trouble code is very serious, and can result in a number of transmission problems like erratic shifting and failed gear engagement.
Symptoms of a P1767 include:
- Abrupt shifts
- Failed gear engagement
- Erratic transmission behavior
- Wiring and/or connector damage
- Failed high and low reverse clutch solenoid valve
How to Diagnose the Code?
The first thing that a mechanic should do when trying to diagnose a P1767 OBDII code, is to check the condition of the wiring and connectors along the transmission wiring harness. The high and low reverse clutch solenoid valve itself may also need to be tested using an OBD2 scan tool.
What Repairs Will Fix P1767?
- Repair or replace damaged wiring and connectors
- Replace high and low reverse clutch solenoid valve