If there is an unusually low voltage signal coming from the hydraulic pump relay circuit, it could indicate an electrical problem that could affect the performance of your transmission pump. This issue will trigger a P0947 DTC, and should be seen about immediately.
How Serious is the Code?
An electrical issue that could impact the hydraulic pressure inside your transmission, is extremely serious and can impact both the drivability and long-term performance of your transmission. So yes, a P0947 diagnostic trouble code is serious.
Symptoms of a P0947 include:
- Harsh shifts
- Transmission slipping
- Transmission will not shift into or out of gear
- Dirty or low transmission fluid
- Damaged connectors or wiring
- Faulty hydraulic pump relay
- ECU or TCM issues
How to Diagnose the Code?
A low voltage condition on the hydraulic pump relay circuit can be caused by a bad transmission pump relay, wiring issues, or even dirty/low transmission fluid. So the diagnostic process for a P0947 OBDII trouble code involves carefully inspecting all of those areas.
What Repairs Will Fix P0947?
- Change transmission fluid/filter
- Repair or replace damaged wiring and/or connectors
- Replace hydraulic pump relay
- Reprogram or replace ECU/TCM