92 truck Manual 5 speed 2WD leaking OIL clutch new

Complete Transmission Repair Cost Guide Transmission Forum – Ask an Expert Toyota 92 truck Manual 5 speed 2WD leaking OIL clutch new

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    julian18
    Participant

2 months ago new clutch replaced shop called an said they were having trouble installing the transmission Old parts on transmission were 4WD not 2WD they said tried for 3 days finally brought old parts from old clutch and Transmission to parts shop tried to get some other parts finally got old transmission back in then I noticed the transmission had severe leak in the air hoke at bottom of transmission but is shafting through all gears & reverse fine just like it was before clutch was replaced could I possibly JUST need new fluid added and I went back to shop they refuse to make it right could they have make mistake installing new clutch several years ago had transmission rebuilt they had no problem getting transmission in and it has work fine ever since there should be warranty on clutch he refuses to take transmission off and check clutch or inspect transmission said you need a Rebuilt or use Transmission & said it is my responsibility to find one bring back to them and they will install. SHOULD I GO TO THE BAR & make compliant have paid him 1,500 he has money and wont do anything for me he is not owner but says he has managed shop for 20 yrs gong to check owner of garage it is Union gas station and garage OLD station perhaps owner would work out something
    for me without going to BAR need some advice VERY UPSET PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
    DO NOT NO WHAT TO DO

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Hostgator

It is quite obvious the “shop manager,” who had worked there for 20 years didn’t know what he was doing when he tried to work on your truck’s transmission. Because he had to call you several times and because he told you, at each step, that he was using more and more of the old transmission — not the new one or new parts — it seems logical that he is liable for the issues he has created with the fouled up repair.

It would have been so easy to have kept this from escalating if the “manager” had just owned up to the fact that the repair was beyond his or his shop crew’s experience. But, the “manager” didn’t and you are now in the pickle you are in.

You are very right, since this guy claims he is just the “manager,” to find the real owner of the shop and bring this whole mess to his attention. If he has worked with you in the past then the chances are better than equal that the owner will not want the good name and reputation of his business hurt by the manager who won’t work with you.

If the “owner” stands by his “manager,” then you have very little recourse but to find a consumer lawyer who will take this case. At the very least, you have to have the “manager” make things right so that you can drive your truck again and this will likely mean a trip to court and time in front of the judge. Be sure, if you choose this root, that the “manager” and the shop pay all costs, including yours, it is the least they can do.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.