2011 Kia Soul CHECK BALL LOCATION

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

dear sir, i have bought checkball information from your website but what i am looking for is not what has being presented in the content, please help me locate the check ball, and how the spring should rest on the ball, is it the ball first into the hall and the spring on top or the spring first in hall of the upper valve body and then ball rest at the bottom of the spring… please let me know, thank you

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Hostgator

Check closely to make sure that the check ball kit contains springs. Most check ball valves are installed into the valve body and held in place with a dab of light grease until you install the fibrous valve plate gasket. The check balls are held in their sockets — there are from three to eight, depending on transmission — by the gasket.

Check balls, but their nature, must be floating devices, so installing springs in them defeats the purpose of this type of valve. One or two of the check ball valves, in fact, installs in a long channel and the valve floats along the guides until it stops.

To find the proper placement of any springing, check the service manual specific to your transmission.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.