2009 Mustang GT Trans Problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mitchell
    Participant

I having a problem with my 09 Mustang
    GT. When in first gear going into. second. It shifts hard with a banging sound. Then when shifting
    from second to third, it has another
    hard shift. But the RPM’s drops to
    500 and then shifts into third.
    Then I have hesitations going into forth. So I had the trans. rebuilt. But it’s doing the same
    before the rebuilt job.
    Does anyone have a clue what’s
    going on.

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Hostgator

Question to you: you said you had the “transmission rebuilt.” Can you tell me exactly what they rebuilt? Did they swap out the clutches/bands? Did they do any work on the gears? Did they do work on the valve body? Were any of the solenoids or sensors changed? And, how about the torque converter, was it touched? Finally, and most basically, is there enough transmission fluid in the tranny? Can you get me the answers?

The reason I am asking is just because you said the tranny has been rebuilt and it certainly doesn’t act like there’s a rebuilt transmission in the casing. Perhaps a piece of the transmission was changed, but not the right one.

So, if you can get back to me, I can give you a better idea of what might be going on.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.