2007 Hyundai Accent High RPM and Popping Noise

Complete Transmission Repair Cost Guide Transmission Forum – Ask an Expert Hyundai 2007 Hyundai Accent High RPM and Popping Noise

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Administrator5
    Keymaster

I am posting this here for Mike who submitted this using the comment form.

Coming home last night my 2007 Hyundai Accent made a popping sign and the RPM went high I was doing 70mph after stopping for traffic light there was a noticeable drag going again. Once moving I got back up to 40 mph but struggled after every stop. The car has most under 100,000 miles on it.

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

reinier1
    Participant

Hi Admin,
    Mike needs to submit more information on the actual model of his car. Popping sounds on turbo diesels are more often than not caused by inlet ducting hoses rupturing, or becoming undone, which will cause poor performance. However the problem is unlikely to be transmission related, but without more information on the model, making even a tentative diagnosis is impossible.

Hope this helps.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.