2006 Kia Sportage Transmission noise.

Complete Transmission Repair Cost Guide Transmission Forum – Ask an Expert Kia 2006 Kia Sportage Transmission noise.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jpz
    Participant

Hi Guys,

My daughter has a 2006 Kia Sportage LX with 74K miles. About a month ago she said the car was making a strange noise. I drove the car (car was cold) and did not think anything was wrong. She came home from work and insisted the problem is still there, we went for a drive (car warm) and there was a loud noise (you can also feel it) at about 30 to 35 mph, going from 2nd to 3rd gear. I checked the transmission fluid level and it was below the “low” line on the dip stick. I added fluid and the noise is still there, not quite as loud and abrupt, but still there.

I will need to take it in for repair as I am not able to repair it myself. I wanted to see what you thought, as I don’t like going into a repair shop totally blind.

Thanks

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.