2005 Honda Accord Transmission Problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jablouis
    Participant

I have a Honda Accord 2005. Recently I noticed the engine and the gear oil was low so I took it to the mechanic for servicing. Three days after the servicing was done my car stopped doing fine.
    The first time I noticed this my car will start but wouldn’t engage when I accelerate it for faster speed. When I try to do this it makes a vooooooooooooom sound and then stop moving. I will then put it off, start it again and then it would move on Drive D, but if try to accelerate again it makes the sound and the movement stops.
    Someone who have had a similar experience said it is possible my gear is bad and I might have to change it.

Please, what could be wrong and what is the solution?

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Hostgator

Wow, it is possible that the gearing is bad, but, there’s a whole list of things that can cause the sound you are hearing. Let’s see, there’s the torque converter, possibly a slipping input shaft, maybe slipping bands and clutches and possibly the output shaft. And, that’s just for starters! It could also be an ailing valve body or simply a very low transmission fluid condition.

My first inclination is to have you take your car to a shop and have them look at the transmission fluid. I suspect the tranny fluid is quite low. In fact, if it is down by as little as a pint or two then your transmission can make the sounds you are hearing and give you the performance, too.

If that isn’t the case, then I would look at the torque converter and other parts of the input chain, including the impeller. That sets up the flow of transmission fluid through the case. If there isn’t enough transmission fluid in the housing, then you can get an overpressure situation where the transmission is trying to build up pressure to normal levels but it is failing. Your torque converter and immpeller are telltales that you have low transmission fluid.

Let me know if this helps. I don’t suspect it is anything major because transmissions usually fail over time and exhibit other things that tell you there are problems.

If the transmission fluid works out, by the way, we’ll have to find out where the problem is. It may be something as small as a check valve that is stuck closed and not allowing the transmission fluid to flow.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.