2005 Ford F-150 Out of Oil & Fluid – Is the Mechanic Being Honest?

Complete Transmission Repair Cost Guide Transmission Forum – Ask an Expert Ford 2005 Ford F-150 Out of Oil & Fluid – Is the Mechanic Being Honest?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Administrator5
    Keymaster

“I am posting this here for Tonya & Alvin ”

We have a 2005 Ford F-150, Double cab and I purchased this truck  from a reputable dealer less than 6 months ago. My husband and I took the truck for an oil change a couple of months ago and discovered that it was COMPLETELY out of oil. Of course, we had no idea why so we took it back to the dealer and discovered that it was also completely out of transmission fluid. We knew that oil nor transmission fluid should ever disappear. My eyebrows instantly rose to suspicion that we were sold a truck with a bad transmission. The head mechanic told us not to worry that it was a bad plug or something and he would order the part and fix it. I have been having to catch a ride for the past two days and just as I am suppose to pick the truck up today, I received another call from the shop manager stating that the mechanic found something else wrong (not with the transmission) and another part is being ordered so the truck is still not ready. We try to give the professionals the benefit of  the doubt, but I can’t help feeling that the professionals are not being  as forth coming as they are perceiving to be. Should I really be worried?

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.