2001 F150 Won’t Shift Out of First

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    foofoo94
    Participant

I have an 2001 f150 5.4 triton motor. I started having trouble with it shifting so i got another transmission still won’t shift out of first gear but runs good in first nd reverse. I heard that the linkage that shifts from park drive reverse… Could be loose which minds is..but i just don’t see that being the problem.. Is there anything i can do to Fix it ..oh its automatic oh and when i got a diagnostics it three off codes that the Mechanic says goes for the trans.Any suggestions

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Hostgator

It sounds like your tranny is in limp-home mode because of its problem or problems and won’t shift out to normal operation. That’s as much as I can say, right now, because I need more information. You said that three fault codes were generated (something in the XX7X range, like as not). If you could let me know what they are, I can then put on the patented thinking cap and help you out.

Let me know when you have a minute as I think I may know the answer, but it really does depend on the error code that the ECM (Engine Control Module) picked up from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.