2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Slipping

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jojomc
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have a 2005 dodge grand caravan with 145,000km. Lately I noticed that if I reach a speed of 80kmp the engine will start to shudder. It also feels slipping on slow speeds. Before it started to overheat and leak alot of coolant from the radiator on the driver side. Installed a new radiator, cap and thermostat. Leak is gone but slipping and shuddering happens more often. Thanks Jojo

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Hostgator

There have been problem reports linked to the torque converter on the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan and it seems as if your minivan is a candidate. Indeed, on looking at your problem it seems to fit like a glove. The recall number is 10015066. It involves the overflow tube and seal and overheating. Since your tranny has overheated and since it cost you lots of coolant, I suspect that is where your problem is.

Have your dealer look for this particular number and technical service bulletins relating to it. More than 100,000 minivans were recalled for this problem. It should be repaired free by your dealer.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.