2002 ford focus tranny problems!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    grdg89
    Participant

I have a 02 ford focus, that was bought a little over a month ago. I wasn’t having any problems, then all of a sudden after I parked and went to drive again, I lost reverse and then when I put it into drive it would go about a foot and the the engine would rev. I made sure the car was topped of with fluids. I tryed to drive again, and it was the same problem. I had gotten tranny repair fluid, placed it in. I let it sit for a little before I went to drive it again. When I did drive it, it would go about 2 feet in drive and the rev, and when I placed it in reverse if I put the gas peddle to the floor, it would kick in to gear and stay until I took it out of reverse. I’ve looked up a few things. But what should I do?? I don’t have the money to replace the tranny!

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Administrator5
    Keymaster

First of all, check your transmission fluid. If it appears brown, or has a burnt smell to it, then the transmission filter could be clogged. This can fixed by changing the transmission fluid and filter ($50-$75 DIY / $200-$300 at a repair shop).

Next, assuming the Check Engine Light was triggered, pull the error codes with a scan tool. If a transmission code was registered, it should tell you what the problem is.

Worst case scenario, the clutch pack has gone bad, and you’ll have to rebuild it.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.