2000 3.3 2wd Frontier Automatic trans prob

Complete Transmission Repair Cost Guide Transmission Forum – Ask an Expert Nissan 2000 3.3 2wd Frontier Automatic trans prob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ta2003pg
    Participant

ok, When im sitting still parked, I shift to reverse and back up no problem. I then shift to D, the engine revs slightly to ready for the transmission load, but the truck does not go into gear. Its like being in neutral still. I shift to 2, the truck goes into gear and I can take off. Im driving, the truck shifts from 1st to 2nd like it should with no problems, when I get into the top of 2nd if I pop the shifter up into D, it then shifts up into 3rd gear and I can drive the truck like normal. All the way up to 4th, back down to 1st for stop signs, then drive it like normal while in D. If I put the truck back into park or any other gear, I have to perform the ritual again to get the transmission back into D. Note, the transmission is shifting great and drives very well. No slipping or jumping into gear.

Does this sound like a shifting solenoid to me but its weird that it acts up only when I try to select D from the beginning. Any experience with this??
    RE4R01A

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

reinier1
    Participant

Hi ta2003pq,

You do not state the mileage, whether the vehicle had received all scheduled transmission services, if the CHECK ENGINE light is illuminated at any stage, if the problem is worse when the transmission is cold/hot, or if the problem has been getting progressively worse. All of these factors play a role in determining the cause of any transmission problem.

My guess is that in this case, the issue has more to do with dirty transmission fluid than anything else. However, there are several known causes of this problem, among which a defective Vehicle Speed Sensor is foremost. Nonetheless, I would recommend a transmission fluid flush first- if that does not resolve the problem, have a comprehensive diagnostic check carried out before you start replacing parts in the hope of hitting on the actual cause of the problem by sheer good luck.

Hope this helps.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.