2000 Dodge NEON Manual Ticks or Clicks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tears0fash
    Participant

108,000 miles. Replaced both constant velocity axels, no movement now on either, but I have seemed to developed, what I believe, is a transaxle (like a differential) tick or click. Can someone please help? J

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

Hostgator

Your question is a bit cryptic, even for me! Can you help me out a bit by giving me a bit more to go on? Let me ask:

1. Is the manual working at all?
    2. Is the Neon moving?
    3. When the click happens are you shifting the vehicle?
    4. When the click happens are you also pressing the brake (this could be very important)?
    5. When the click happens are you depressing the clutch (not shifting, just pressing)?
    6. If you are shifting from one gear to another, does it click?

If you could answer the questions I’d have a lot more to go on and I’ll be able to help you better.

Tears0fash
    Participant

1. Yes
    2. It is still drivable, just very annoying
    3. It will going into gear
    4. It clicks whenever the gas is depressed so yes.
    5. Yes.
    6. I believe that is the same as #3? Could be wrong. I need to figure this out. This is my only daily driver when I have my son every other week.
    Thanks!

Tears0fash

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.