1997 Honda Sedan – Won’t Go Above 30 mph – Code P0715

Complete Transmission Repair Cost Guide Transmission Forum – Ask an Expert Honda 1997 Honda Sedan – Won’t Go Above 30 mph – Code P0715

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Iloveicecream
    Participant

I am driving a 1997 honda sedan. I warm-up my car for two minutes and then hit the road. After the warm up, I shift the gear to the D and push the gas pedal. It does not speed up as it should. The driving speed can reach 20 miles per hour and meets the maximum at 30. It seems as if the gear had shifted to N with no power moving when beyond 30. The car barely moves. The engine light is on. We took our car to Auto-zone and the staff helped to check. The machine code P0715 showed up. Could anyone tell me what went wrong with the car?

Need a replacement transmission? Quality transmissions are hard to find. Free estimate to your email.

reinier1
    Participant

Hi Iloveicecream,
    This fault code (PO715) means that the Engine Control Unit and/or the Transmission Control Unit receive(s) erratic, or incorrect readings/pulses from the Transmission Input Shaft Speed Sensor.

In practice this means that the engine is reacting to incorrect inputs received from the transmission, and the low speed is the direct result of the incorrect signals. Possible causes of the incorrect signal could be bad connections, the faiure of the Input Shaft Sensor, damage to the wiring harness, or a leakage to earth.

A less likely cause is the failure of the interface between the engine and transmision, in which case the replacement of both control units is recommended.

Hope this helps.

Fair Replacement Transmission Cost by Vehicle

1. Use the Year / Make / Model lookup tool to determine what transmission your vehicle has.
  2. [transtar]
  3. Find your transmission model in the table below for fair prices from reputable suppliers. Also fair labor cost for local installation at a local auto repair shop.

4. Get a free estimate on a remanufactured transmission by email.

Fair Remanufactured Transmission Price Ranges by Transmission Model Updated May 1, 2018

transmission repair cost
Download Replacement Transmission Cost Guide PDF
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.