Thank you for requesting a free estimate from the Cost Guide Certified transmission shop in your area. A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided. We are calling the Cost Guide Certified shops in your area right now and providing them with the details about your vehicle.
Did you submit your current phone number? If you need to change the number you submitted, please click here to submit a new estimate request.
- A Certified Shop will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your vehicle’s problem and give you an estimate for the repair or replacement.
- In the meantime, check out our “12 Questions to Ask a Transmission Shop” checklist that walks through the most important questions to ask a shop:
- Learn more about our certification requirements and why a Certified Shop is the best choice. Why a Certified Shop?
Price Ranges by Transmission Type
Here are price ranges you can expect for a transmission rebuild based on the type of transmission your vehicle has. You can sort by year, make, model, transmission type and cost by clicking the header of that particular column. Please note that the years, makes and models shown are select examples.
|Transmission Model||Year||Make||Model||Engine||Rebuild Retail Range|
|4T45E / 4T40E||2010||Chevy||Malibu||2.4L||$1620 - $2210|
|4L60E / 4L65E||2007||Chevy||Silverado 1500||4.8L||$1580 - $2320|
|4T65E / 4T65E-HD||2004||Chevy||Malibu||3.5L||$1790 - $2370|
|4L80E||2003||Chevy||Silverado 2500||6.0L||$2150 - $3010|
|5L40E||2008||Cadillac||SRX||3.6L||$2830 - $3960|
|6T75E||2007||GMC||Acadia||3.6L||$2310 - $3370|
|6L80 / 6L90||2010||Chevy||Express 2500||4.8L||$2460 - $3450|
|Allison 1000 (HD)||2004||GMC||2500 HD||6.0L||$2860 - $3750|
|4F27E||2006||Ford||Focus||2.0L||$1320 - $1910|
|AX4N / AX4S||2003||Ford||Taurus||3.0L||$1540 - $2210|
|4R70W / 4R75E||2010||Ford||F150||4.6L||$1570 - $2260|
|4R100 / E4OD||2004||Ford||F350||5.4L||$1890 - $2720|
|4R44E / 4R55E||2000||Ford||Ranger||3.0L||$1920 - $2770|
|5R55S / 5R55W /N/E||2008||Ford||Explorer||4.0L||$1930 - $2780|
|CD4E||2008||Ford||Escape||2.3L||$1940 - $2800|
|FNR5 / AWTF-80||2008||Mazda||6||2.3L||$2090 - $3010|
|AWF21||2009||Mercury||Milan||3.0L||$2250 - $3240|
|5R110W||2010||Ford||F250||6.4L||$2690 - $3820|
|6F35 / 6F50||2011||Ford||Edge||3.7L||$3120 - $3910|
|6R60||2008||Ford||Explorer||4.6L||$2720 - $3880|
|6R80||2011||Ford||F150||6.2L||$2840 - $3980|
|41TE (A604)||2008||Dodge||Grand Caravan||3.3L||$1570 - $2267|
|46RE (A518)||2001||Dodge||Ram 1500||5.9L||$1820 - $2623|
|47RE (A618)||2002||Dodge||Ram 3500||5.9L||$2230 - $3362|
|48RE||2006||Dodge||Ram 3500||5.9L||$2540 - $3668|
|42RLE||2008||Dodge||Charger||3.5L||$1930 - $2776|
|545RFE||2005||Dodge||Ram 2500||5.7L||$2070 - $2980|
|62TE||2008||Chrysler||Town&Country||3.8L||$2580 - $3719|
|68RFE||2008||Dodge||Ram 2500||6.7L||$3260 - $4480|
|W5A380 / NAG1||2006||Chrysler||300||3.5L||$2230 - $3210|
|Honda BYBA||2006||Honda||Odyssey||3.5L||$2443 - $3510|
|Toyota A750E||2008||Toyota||Tundra||4.7L||$2320 - $3330|
|Toyota U140F||2007||Toyota||RAV4||2.4L||$2240 - $3230|
|RE4R01A||2003||Nissan||Xterra||3.3L||$2248 - $3230|
|RE5R05A||2005||Nissan||Pathfinder||4.0L||$2950 - $4710|
|722.6 / 722.9||2006||Dodge||Sprinter 2500||2.7L||$2230 - $3210|
|AW55-50SN||2005||Nissan||Maxima||3.5L||$2690 - $3870|
|F4A42-2||2001||Hyundai||Sante Fe||2.4L||$2210 - $3180|
|ZF 5HP24||2001||Audi||A6||4.2L||$2710 - $3890|
|ZF 6HP26||2005||BMW||745li||4.4L||$2790 - $4020|
Important: Have Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Handy
The shop will likely ask for it as it helps them determine exactly what type of transmission you have in your vehicle, enabling them to provide a much more accurate estimate of the cost to repair or replace.
Here are 15 other ways to find it:
- The VIN can be found by looking at the dashboard on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
- On the driver’s side doorpost (where the door latches)
- On the driver’s side door (below the latch mechanism)
- Front of the engine block. This should be easy to spot by popping open the hood, and looking at the front of the engine.
- Front of the car frame, near the container that holds windshield washer fluid.
- Rear wheel well. Try looking up, directly above the tire.
- Underneath the spare tire.
- Vehicle title
- Registration card
- Insurance Policy
- Insurance ID Card
- Owner’s manual
- Body shop repair records
- Police reports
- Vehicle history report