Transmission shops in Fort Worth, TX that have the Cost Guide Certified badge next to their shop’s listing have passed our certification requirements and our staff has confirmed that they provide quality repair services for fair prices. In addition, they offer free towing, free transmission diagnostics, financing and a minimum 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty on services such as repairs, rebuilds and replacements of transmissions in Fort Worth.
The following are the top 10 transmission shops in Fort Worth:
Updated: September 5, 2016
Grapevine Automatic Inc Transmission
120 Central Ave
Grapevine, TX 76051
Services: transmissions, custom transmission rebuilds, transfer case repair, clutch repair
6895 E Lancaster Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76112
Services: transmission sales, transmission repair, new clutches, clutch repair
Lone Star Transmissions
2105 Harris Ln
Haltom City, TX 76117
Services: transmission repair, new transmissions, clutch repair, differential repair
2821 W Division St
Arlington, TX 76012
Services: transmission shop, manual transmissions, automatic transmissions, clutch repair
Bart’s Custom Transmission
2005 W Pioneer Pkwy
Pantego, TX 76013
Services: transmission repair shop, transmission filters,torque converters,transmission rebuild
4608 Colleyville Blvd
Colleyville, TX 76034
Services: new transmissions, transmission repair shop, dual-clutch transmissions
Standard Transmission & Gear
1000 NE 29th St
Fort Worth, TX 76106
Services: manual & automatic transmission repair, clutch replacement, differentials
Transmission Shops in Nearby Areas
- Cedar Park
- Corpus Christi
- Dallas County
- El Paso
- Grand Prairie
- Round Rock
- San Antonio
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands
Texas State Licensing Requirements
Texas doesn’t require any state license of transmission shops in Fort Worth TX, so there’s no state standard for competency and reliability.
Likewise, the state doesn’t require that transmission repair services in Fort Worth first show proof of liability insurance to reimburse you in the event of any damages that might occur during servicing.
Questions to Ask a Transmission Shop
Experience and Qualifications
These questions will help you assess its experience and reputation for quality service:
- How long have you been in business in Fort Worth?
- Do you have 2-3 references I can call?
- What qualifications and experience does the technician have that will be assigned to my vehicle?
- Has that technician successfully repaired the transmission on this car or truck model before?
- Do you have liability coverage?
Diagnostic Fees and Repair Estimates
These questions will help you avoid unexpected fees. Unfortunately, some shops quote a low diagnostic fee, but they don’t tell you that if you decide not to have the repair made, you’ll be charged much more to put the transmission back together to take the vehicle elsewhere.
- What is the fee for diagnosing the repair issue?
- Does the fee cover putting the transmission back together if I decide not to have the repair made?
- Will you give me an itemized estimate in writing?
- Are there any fees not listed on the estimate?
- Do you ever charge a final price that is higher than the estimate, and if so, under what circumstances?
How the Work Will Be Done
There are two general types of transmission repairs – minor repairs and complete transmission overhauls known as “transmission rebuild.” Because there is no oversight by the State of Texas, some shops call any repair a “rebuild.” These questions will help you determine the scope of the work being done.
- If you receive an estimate for transmission rebuild or a rebuilt transmission, ask for an itemized list of all parts to be replaced and the services and materials such as transmission fluid to be provided. In addition, ask:
- Is any part of the work done by an outside contractor or shop, and if so, what is its contact information, so I can research it?
- Do you use OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts, or are non-original parts used?
- Are the parts new, refurbished or used, and if I have a choice, what are the differences in cost and warranty coverage?
- Will my vehicle warranty be affected by the transmission repair?
- What warranty on parts and labor do you provide?